Daily Bulletin 5/11/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed May 10 16:02:22 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D2C9A6.CEF3E450]
SPRING EXTRACURRICULAR RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY:
Period 0 7:12 a.m. - 8:03 a.m.
Period 1 8:12 a.m. - 9:03 a.m.
Period 2 9:12 a.m. - 10:03 a.m.
PEP ASSEMBLY 10:12 a.m. - 10:42 a.m.
Period 3 10:51 a.m. - 11:42 a.m.
Period 4 11:51 a.m. - 12:42 p.m.
LUNCH 12:42 p.m. - 1:17 p.m.
Period 5 1:26 p.m. - 2:17 p.m.
Period 6 2:26 p.m. - 3:17 p.m.
1. PROM TICKETS will go on sale starting TODAY- May 11th, before school, during lunch and after school; Friday May 12th before school and TICKET SALES WILL END AT 1:00 p.m. with NO EXCEPTIONS!! Tickets are $25.00 with ASB sticker; $35.00 without ASB sticker and $45.00 at the door; these are single ticket prices. Guest Passes are required if you are bringing a guest from another district other than VUSD. Also, If you are bringing an underclassman you need to fill out a separate form in order to purchase your tickets.
2. 7th ANNUAL HANDBALL TOURNAMENT will be held TODAY during lunch at the handball courts. If interested please sign up with Campus Supervisor Rod Crissmore.
3. Due to AP Testing in the Library, XL will be opening the Cafeteria after school from 3:17 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for those who would like to study after school TODAY, May 12th and May 18th. XL will also provide laptops and textbooks.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Diving @ Central Section Championship 10:00 a.m./Early Release 7:00 a.m.
1. The "Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica" will be selecting new officers for 2017-2018 soon: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Media. Please come by Room 2 at Sierra Vista to pick up an application from Sra. Jimenez. Completed applications are due on Thursday May 18th. Interviews will be held after school on Monday May 22nd at Sierra Vista.
2. There will be a GREEN CLUB MEETING on Wednesday May 17th in Mr. Eskridge's Room 33. We will be discussing the closing of this year's recycle program and planning for next school year. If you are interested in getting involved next year please plan on attending. See you there!
1. Come support fellow students and watch the first ever all high school TRASHION SHOW - a runway show featuring outfit designs made from entirely recyclable materials! The show is in the Redwood Gym on Friday May 12th from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. ($3 general admission, $2 student admission). See Mrs. Yates or Mr. Harris for more details!
1. REMINDER: Athletic Physical Clinic is on Tuesday May 16th in the RHS Gym. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS FRIDAY MAY 12th. Athletic Physicals are required for every student planning on playing in sports during the 2017-2018 school year. Pick up your Physical Packet from the Nurse, Athletic Trainer, Mr. Sozinho, or your coach. LATE SIGNUPS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2. GSA MEETING Friday May 12th at lunch in Room 38. This is our last meeting of the year!
3. The "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" will be selecting new officers for 2017-2018 soon: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Media. Please come by Room 2 at Sierra Vista to pick up an application from Sra. Jimenez. Completed applications are due on Friday May 12th. Interviews will be held after school on Monday May 15th.
5. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY ACADEMY will be held this Saturday May 13th. Please check with the following teachers if they will be in attendance this Saturday: Eastman (woodshop - 54) Rooney (metal - 56) Henshaw (video - 75) Laufer (Chemistry - 94) Wall (PE - Gym) Cox (Auto - 55). Saturday University is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. We start at 8:00 a.m. and will not let any students in after 8:15 a.m. Please sign-up before FRIDAY to secure your spot. If you do not sign up in advance you run the risk of not being able to participate.
6. PROM is on Saturday May 13th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Visalia Convention Center.
7. DRAMA ONE ACTS May 15-18th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
8. GRAD NITE on Friday May 19th at Disneyland.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. SENIOR BBQ will be on May 23rd! Seniors can purchase a ticket for $10 from Mr. Schieferle in Room 37, Mr. Fuller in Room 36 or Mr. Miller in Room 207. It will be an all you can eat BBQ dinner in the QUAD 1 hour before yearbooks are distributed on Log Night.
3. Redwood will be launching a Tardy Pilot Program to address students out of class. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to promote academic success and deter students from being tardy to class or out of class without permission. Students must have an appropriate pass to be out of class or late to class. Examples of an appropriate pass will include: teacher-provided Redwood pass and Redwood counseling, attendance, office, or nurse passes). Any student without an appropriate pass will have their ID scanned and/or name taken down. Consequences for being out of class without permission will be loss of off campus lunch privileges and/or an assigned detention. This Pilot Program will begin TODAY and will end on Friday, June 2nd.
12. PSAT SPRING TEST SCORES AND BOOKLETS are in the Counseling Office to pick up. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Matta.
1. ACADEMIC LETTERS/LANTERNS: If you missed our Academic Award Night, please stop by the Counseling Office to pick up your award.
2. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. SENIORS: REMINDER, in order to participate in graduation in June, YOU MUST HAVE A 94% attendance rate on graduation day. There are only 2 Saturday School Dates remaining this school year! Plan to attend if you know you are in danger of falling below the 94% attendance rate. Please continue to communicate with the Redwood attendance office to check your status.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin