Daily Bulletin 5/12/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu May 11 15:07:59 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D2CA68.604415D0]
1. PROM TICKETS: TODAY before school and TICKET SALES WILL END AT 1:00 p.m. with NO EXCEPTIONS!! Tickets are $25.00 with ASB sticker; $35.00 without ASB sticker and $45.00 at the door; these are single ticket prices. Guest Passes are required if you are bringing a guest from another district other than VUSD. Also, If you are bringing an underclassman you need to fill out a separate form in order to purchase your tickets.
2. TODAY is the LAST DAY to turn in packets for the Athletic Physical Clinic. It is Tuesday May 16th in the RHS Gym. SAME DAY/LATE Sign-ups will NOT be accepted.
3. Due to AP Testing in the Library, XL will be opening the Cafeteria after school from 3:17 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for those who would like to study after school TODAY, and May 18th. XL will also provide laptops and textbooks.
4. Come support fellow students and watch the first ever all high school TRASHION SHOW - a runway show featuring outfit designs made from entirely recyclable materials! The show is in the Redwood Gym TODAY from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. ($3 general admission, $2 student admission). See Mrs. Yates or Mr. Harris for more details!
1. GSA MEETING TODAY at lunch in Room 38. This is our last meeting of the year!
2. The "SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPANICA" will be selecting new officers for 2017-2018 soon: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Media. Please come by Room 2 at Sierra Vista to pick up an application from Sra. Jimenez. Completed applications are due TODAY. Interviews will be held after school on Monday May 15th.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Swimming @ Central Section Championship/Early Release 7:00 a.m.
Boys Tennis @ Central Area Individual Championship 10:00 a.m./Early Release 7:00 a.m.
Softball @ Mt. Whitney 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
Baseball vs. Mt. Whitney - Varsity and Frosh 4:15 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
Baseball @ Mt. Whitney - JV 4:15 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. ATTENTION ALL SENIORS attending GRAD NITE! Buses will leave Redwood High School at 8:00 a.m. from the Student Parking Lot on Friday May 19th. DO NOT BE LATE!! The buses will not wait for you and you will not receive a refund if you are late. NO FOOD OR DRINKS will be allowed onto the buses (including unopened bottle waters). Students will be provided with water and snacks once they board their bus. Please review the Disneyland's Grad Nite Dress Code guidelines and list of prohibited items given to you during the senior class meeting. If you no longer have this information, please see Mr. Lor in the Main Office.
2. CONGRATULATIONS to the 7th ANNUAL HANDBALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS: Gustavo Varela 1st Place, Christian Servin 2nd Place, Marvin Romero 3rd Place!
1. PROM is on Saturday May 13th from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Visalia Convention Center.
2. DRAMA ONE ACTS May 15-18th at 7:00 p.m. in the Rotary Theatre.
3. There will be a GREEN CLUB MEETING on Wednesday May 17th in Mr. Eskridge's Room 33. We will be discussing the closing of this year's recycle program and planning for next school year. If you are interested in getting involved next year please plan on attending. See you there!
4. The "Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica" will be selecting new officers for 2017-2018 soon: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Media. Please come by Room 2 at Sierra Vista to pick up an application from Sra. Jimenez. Completed applications are due on Thursday May 18th. Interviews will be held after school on Monday May 22nd at Sierra Vista.
5. GRAD NITE on Friday May 19th at Disneyland.
1. PTSA MEETINGS will be May 22nd in the Redwood Library at 5:30 p.m.
2. Redwood will be launching a Tardy Pilot Program to address students out of class. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to promote academic success and deter students from being tardy to class or out of class without permission. Students must have an appropriate pass to be out of class or late to class. Examples of an appropriate pass will include: teacher-provided Redwood pass and Redwood counseling, attendance, office, or nurse passes). Any student without an appropriate pass will have their ID scanned and/or name taken down. Consequences for being out of class without permission will be loss of off campus lunch privileges and/or an assigned detention. This Pilot Program will begin TODAY and will end on Friday, June 2nd.
8. PSAT SPRING TEST SCORES AND BOOKLETS are in the Counseling Office to pick up. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Matta.
1. ACADEMIC LETTERS/LANTERNS: If you missed our Academic Award Night, please stop by the Counseling Office to pick up your award.
2. The HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAM - "It's COOL TO GO TO SCHOOL" - is back! Any student with PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family. There are two way to achieve PERFECT ATTENDANCE this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest rules."
1. SENIORS: REMINDER, in order to participate in graduation in June, YOU MUST HAVE A 94% attendance rate on graduation day. There are only 2 Saturday School Dates remaining this school year! Plan to attend if you know you are in danger of falling below the 94% attendance rate. Please continue to communicate with the Redwood attendance office to check your status.
1. SENIOR BBQ will be on May 23rd! Seniors can purchase a ticket for $10 from Mr. Schieferle in Room 37, Mr. Fuller in Room 36 or Mr. Miller in Room 207. It will be an all you can eat BBQ dinner in the QUAD 1 hour before yearbooks are distributed on Log Night.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin