Daily Bulletin 11/3/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Nov 2 14:53:34 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D353EA.5B94D6D0]
COWHIDE ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE TODAY:
Period 0 7:06 a.m. - 8:03 a.m.
Period 1 8:12 a.m. - 8:52 a.m.
Period 2 9:01 a.m. - 9:41 a.m.
Period 3 9:50 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Period 4 10:39 a.m. - 11:09 a.m.
ASSEMBLY 11:18 a.m. - 12:18 p.m.
CARNIVAL LUNCH 12:18 p.m. - 1:39 a.m.
Period 5 1:48 p.m. - 2:28 p.m.
Period 6 2:37 p.m. - 3:17 p.m.
1. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: TODAY: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
2. COWHIDE TICKETS: NO TICKETS SALES in the office TODAY!!! GATES OPEN AT 5:00 p.m. TODAY and tickets can be purchased at the door.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
1. Girls Tennis @ Section Individual Tourney/Early Release 7:00 a.m.
2. Football @ Mt. Whitney - Varsity 6:30 p.m.
1. The ASVAB TEST will be held at Redwood on Wednesday November 15th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Library. Signups will be in the Counseling Office.
1. The XL Trip to UCSB is coming up soon! For those of you who were informed that you were going, there is a mandatory meeting Monday November 6th. The meeting will be in the upstairs library at 3:30. If you have any questions about whether you are on the "going" list, please come to the upstairs library to ask. See you here!
1. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
2. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY will be held on Saturday November 4th in Room 75 (Henshaw - Video) and the Auto Shop (Cox). If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. SATURDAY UNIVERSITY is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Sign up in Room 75, Auto Shop or the Attendance Office by Friday November 3rd.
3. Pro-MED MENTORSHIP STUDENTS! All permission slips are due this Friday November 3rd by 5:00 p.m. Next Pro-MED CLUB MEETING is November 6th we will be meeting in the upstairs Library at 3:30 p.m. For this meeting, you will need a permission slip as we are walking to Kaweah Delta for a HIPPA Compliance Lecture. Stop by the XL Office located in the upstairs library if you have not picked up a permission slip.
4. IMPORTANT MANDATORY CSF MEETING FOR ALL MEMBERS on November 7th at lunch in the Band Room. ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN! There will be a special speaker, opportunities to sign up for Kaweah Oaks Preserve Clean-Up and the Thanksgiving Food Drive, info on CSF scholarships for 2018, a survey, drawings for prizes, and great food! Don't miss out on being an active member. Seniors, this is especially important for you!
5. FRESNO PACIFIC REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday November 8th during 3rd period in the Upstairs Library. Sign-ups in the Counseling Office.
6. STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday November 13th; students released at 1:53 p.m.
7. FALL SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be held on Friday November 17th. Bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
8. Attention girls interested in playing softball for the Rangers in the spring, Tryouts for Varsity and JV teams for girls NOT in a winter sport will be the week after Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 - Dec. 1. You will need to be cleared to play, first. Currently, we are conditioning on Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:40 to 5pm. Pass the word if you know of girls who are interested. If you have questions see Coach Sanchez in room 201 or Coach Rooney in room 56.
1. VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship Contest
Amount: $5,000 Criteria: A 3 minute to 5 minute original written essay and then recorded on audio tape. Application Process: apply at www.vfw.org<https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/vfw>
Deadline: November 15
2. College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies. Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
3. Deadline: November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline: November 27
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin