Daily Bulletin 11/6/17

Hayslett, Lorei lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Nov 3 14:31:14 PDT 2017

REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL             [cid:image001.jpg at 01D354B0.675F6A40]
BULLETIN
11/6/17

TODAY:

 1.  The XL Trip to UCSB is coming up soon! For those of you who were informed that you were going, there is a mandatory meeting TODAY. The meeting will be in the upstairs library at 3:30. If you have any questions about whether you are on the "going" list, please come to the upstairs library to ask. See you here!

2.       Pro-MED CLUB MEETING is TODAY.  It will be meeting in the upstairs Library at 3:30 p.m.  For this meeting, you will need a permission slip as we are walking to Kaweah Delta for a HIPPA Compliance Lecture.  Stop by the XL Office located in the upstairs library if you have not picked up a permission slip.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

1.       CHOIR BOOSTER MEETING Tuesday November 7th from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.  This is for all parents who have a child in the choral program!  There is strength in numbers.  Join us and let your voice be heard as we plan for our winter fundraisers, Christmas concert, and Stardust.  We look forward to seeing you there!

2.       PTSA WRITE-A-THON:  Please consider supporting Redwood's PTSA.  We are a group of parents, teachers and students that work together to help the school in numerous ways.  Through dues and this Write-A-Thon Fundraiser, we are able to support several projects at the school such as:  *Ranger Super Fan Spirit Day T-Shirts (Free Redwood T-shirt for EVERY Student on Campus!)  * Teacher appreciation breakfasts and luncheons; teacher birthdays  * Student scholarships (Five $250.00 scholarships given each year)  *This year, the PTSA wants to help RHS administration install outdoor water bottle filling stations on campus so students can have clean, cold water during the day.  It is never too late to join PTSA, Seniors MUST join the PTSA by January 31st to be eligible for one of the PTSA scholarships.  Please contact Rachelle Pierce at 801-879-1991 or Johanna Washam at 559-308-3842.

3.       SCHOOLWIDE THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE:  Starting today, CSF CLUB is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Visalia Emergency Aide.  Please bring nonperishable and unexpired goods to Room 108 by November 15th.  Suggestions include:  Flour, sugar, canned goods, rice, beans, bottled water, boxed cereal, etc.  LET'S SHARE OUR BLESSINGS with others!
PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       IMPORTANT MANDATORY CSF MEETING FOR ALL MEMBERS on November 7th at lunch in the Band Room.  ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN!  There will be a special speaker, opportunities to sign up for Kaweah Oaks Preserve Clean-Up and the Thanksgiving Food Drive, info on CSF scholarships for 2018, a survey, drawings for prizes, and great food!  Don't miss out on being an active member.  Seniors, this is especially important for you!

2.       FRESNO PACIFIC REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday November 8th during 3rd period in the Upstairs Library.  Sign-ups in the Counseling Office.

3.       STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY Monday November 13th; students released at 1:53 p.m.

4.       The ASVAB TEST will be held at Redwood on Wednesday November 15th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Library.  Signups will be in the Counseling Office.

5.       FALL SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be held on Friday November 17th.  Bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
SENIORS:
SCHOLARSHIPS:

1.       VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship Contest

Amount:  $5,000 Criteria:  A 3 minute to 5 minute original written essay and then recorded on audio tape.  Application Process:  apply at www.vfw.org<https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/vfw>
Deadline:  November 15

2.       College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application

Amount: Varies.  Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496

3.       Deadline:  November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount:  $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria:  Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline:  November 27

Lorei Hayslett
Secretary Student Services/Activities