Daily Bulletin 11/16/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Nov 15 15:03:07 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D35E22.D88AF240]
1. Anyone and everyone interested in discussing current political and social issues, come to the YOUNG LIBERALS CLUB MEETING in Room 205 during lunch TODAY!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Cross Country @ Central Section CIF Championships 11:00 a.m./Early Release 8:00 a.m.
1. Attention current "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica" juniors and seniors. The SHH national office is now accepting applications for ONE Redwood junior to compete for a Travel Scholarship to Ecuador in Summer of 2018. It is also accepting applications for ONE Redwood senior to compete for a $1,000.00 or $2,000.00 scholarship. If you would like to be considered as a junior or senior applicant, please plan on attending a meeting on Tuesday, November 28 at lunch in Sra. Jimenez's room (2) at SV. The students who are selected will need to complete all application requirements, including a video by Thursday, December 7, 2017.
2. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. FALL SPORTS RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY will be held on Friday November 17th. Bell schedule will be in the bulletin on that date.
2. ProYouth XL and SEED - Students Empowered by Exposure to Diversity invites you to join us at Sequoia High School on Friday November 17th at 5:00 p.m. Our selected film for this month is "Selena" "The true story of Selena Quintanilla-Perez, a Texas-born Tejano singer and the progress of her career resulting in her No. 1 US album." We encourage girls to dress-up as Selena and participate in the "Selena Look-Alike Contest" and Selena Dancing. We are serving pizza, popcorn, sweet bread and hot cocoa. After the film we will have our forum to discuss and critique the film. Pick up or return your permission slip at the XL Office.
3. Remember to continue to monitor your grades on PowerSchool, complete missing assignments if needed and attend tutoring in the Library if you need help with your academics. Ms. Ashford still working on calling students in to review your junior transcript and discuss plans for after high school. We have about six weeks left in the semester, continue to work hard and ask for help if you need it! I look forward to seeing you soon!
4. THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS Monday November 20th thru Friday November 24th. NO SCHOOL!
1. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
2. It's never too early to start thinking about the application process for four year colleges! Although you won't start applying until next year, it's important to start planning now. I encourage you to join clubs, participate in community service and begin to think about the personal insight questions on college applications. Listed below is a link to the UC personal insight questions. An example of how to prepare now is to review the questions...Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time...If you have not had an opportunity to serve as a leader in some sort of capacity, think about what you can do this year to gain some experience. It can be with a family experience, community service, school, a job, or church activity. Visit the link below and review the other questions! UC Personal Insight Questions<http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/personal-questions/freshman/index.html>
3. College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies. Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
4. Deadline: November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline: November 27
5. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin