Daily Bulletin 11/17/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Nov 16 15:40:55 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D35EF1.4AAC2000]
FALL RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY TODAY:
Period 0 7:12 a.m. - 8:03 a.m.
Period 1 8:12 a.m. - 9:03 a.m.
Period 2 9:12 a.m. - 10:03 a.m.
Pep Assembly 10:12 a.m. - 10:42 a.m.
Period 3 10:51 a.m. - 11:42 a.m.
Period 4 11:51 a.m. - 12:42 p.m.
Lunch 12:42 p.m. - 1:17 p.m.
Period 5 1:26 p.m. - 2:17 p.m.
Period 6 2:26 p.m. - 3:17 p.m.
1. ProYouth XL and SEED - Students Empowered by Exposure to Diversity invites you to join us at Sequoia High School TODAY at 5:00 p.m. Our selected film for this month is "Selena" "The true story of Selena Quintanilla-Perez, a Texas-born Tejano singer and the progress of her career resulting in her No. 1 US album." We encourage girls to dress-up as Selena and participate in the "Selena Look-Alike Contest" and Selena Dancing. We are serving pizza, popcorn, sweet bread and hot cocoa. After the film we will have our forum to discuss and critique the film. Pick up or return your permission slip at the XL Office.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
1. The EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM eligibility requirements include: High School Senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more. Deadline: December 1st.
2. 2017 EECU Educational Grant Scholarship: Amount: $2,000. Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Deadline: December 8th. Apply at: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program.
3. REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Amount: Varies. Criteria: Varies. Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAlpQLSfiPbVdGtS_mmJKFihXS2teONOsu1BSo8axl1ASX_jmBAaU9w/viesform?c=0&w=1. Deadline: December 15th.
4. WINTER FORMAL DANCE will be held on Saturday December 2nd from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Mt. Whitney Gym. Tickets go on sale Monday 27th thru Friday December 1st before school, during lunch and after school. Last chance to purchase tickets is on Friday December 1st during lunch!!! Prices are $20 with ASB sticker, $30 without ASB sticker and $40 at the door (these are single tickets). If students have not filled out a "Dance Agreement" need to turn that form in when purchasing tickets; and if bringing a student from another school district need to turn in "Dance Guest Permission Slip Form" signed and approved when purchasing a ticket.
5. SOCK DRIVE! Don't be a laughing stock and give some socks! CHRISTIANS IN ACTION CLUB will be running a Sock Drive for the upcoming holidays. The Sock Drive will be from November 27th thru December 8th. Drop off will be in Room 73.
6. SENIORS: College applications deadlines are fast approaching! If you need assistance Ms. Molina will be available afterschool to assist on November 28th and November 30th in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m.
1. Remember to continue to monitor your grades on PowerSchool, complete missing assignments if needed and attend tutoring in the Library if you need help with your academics. Ms. Ashford still working on calling students in to review your junior transcript and discuss plans for after high school. We have about six weeks left in the semester, continue to work hard and ask for help if you need it! I look forward to seeing you soon!
2. THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS Monday November 20th thru Friday November 24th. NO SCHOOL!
3. Attention current "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica" juniors and seniors. The SHH national office is now accepting applications for ONE Redwood junior to compete for a Travel Scholarship to Ecuador in Summer of 2018. It is also accepting applications for ONE Redwood senior to compete for a $1,000.00 or $2,000.00 scholarship. If you would like to be considered as a junior or senior applicant, please plan on attending a meeting on Tuesday, November 28 at lunch in Sra. Jimenez's room (2) at SV. The students who are selected will need to complete all application requirements, including a video by Thursday, December 7, 2017.
4. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
2. It's never too early to start thinking about the application process for four year colleges! Although you won't start applying until next year, it's important to start planning now. I encourage you to join clubs, participate in community service and begin to think about the personal insight questions on college applications. Listed below is a link to the UC personal insight questions. An example of how to prepare now is to review the questions...Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time...If you have not had an opportunity to serve as a leader in some sort of capacity, think about what you can do this year to gain some experience. It can be with a family experience, community service, school, a job, or church activity. Visit the link below and review the other questions! UC Personal Insight Questions<http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/personal-questions/freshman/index.html>
3. College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies. Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
4. Deadline: November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline: November 27
5. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin