Daily Bulletin 11/27/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Nov 17 14:58:29 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D35FB4.87B1BA00]
1. WINTER FORMAL DANCE will be held on Saturday December 2nd from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Mt. Whitney Gym. Tickets go on sale TODAY thru Friday December 1st before school, during lunch and after school. Last chance to purchase tickets is on Friday December 1st during lunch!!! Prices are $20 with ASB sticker, $30 without ASB sticker and $40 at the door (these are single tickets). If students have not filled out a "Dance Agreement" need to turn that form in when purchasing tickets; and if bringing a student from another school district need to turn in "Dance Guest Permission Slip Form" signed and approved when purchasing a ticket.
2. SOCK DRIVE! Don't be a laughing stock and give some socks! CHRISTIANS IN ACTION CLUB will be running a Sock Drive for the upcoming holidays. The Sock Drive will be from TODAY thru December 8th. Drop off will be in Room 73.
3. SEED - Students Empowered by Exposure to Diversity - ProYouth XL would like to extend the invitation to all students interested in the film industry. Join us at MWHS on December 4th. We are planning a culminating event to celebrate our Film Critique Series end of semester. Playing - Bronze Screen: 100 years of Latinos is Hollywood. Transportation from all High Schools to MWHS is provided by ProYouth; we are planning a great evening with a tamale dinner, hot cocoa, pan dulce (sweet bread), popcorn and soft drinks. Pick up your permission slip from TODAY - Nov 30th at the XL office and turned in by Friday December 1st.
4. Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED Club is meeting TODAY at 3:30pm in room 94. You do not want to miss out on a dissection and important announcements. If you are unable to attend the meeting, stop by the XL Office to pick up a permission slip.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Wrestling @ Tulare Union 5:00 p.m./Early Release 2:00 p.m.
1. CHOIR CONCERT will be held on Friday December 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
1. Attention current "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica" juniors and seniors. The SHH national office is now accepting applications for ONE Redwood junior to compete for a Travel Scholarship to Ecuador in Summer of 2018. It is also accepting applications for ONE Redwood senior to compete for a $1,000.00 or $2,000.00 scholarship. If you would like to be considered as a junior or senior applicant, please plan on attending a meeting on Tuesday, November 28 at lunch in Sra. Jimenez's room (2) at SV. The students who are selected will need to complete all application requirements, including a video by Thursday, December 7, 2017.
2. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. SENIORS: College applications deadlines are fast approaching! If you need assistance Ms. Molina will be available afterschool to assist on November 28th and November 30th in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m.
2. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
3. College of the Sequoias Scholarship Application
Amount: Varies. Application Process: Apply at https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496
4. Deadline: November 27
Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities
Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm>
Deadline: November 27
5. The EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM eligibility requirements include: High School Senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more. Deadline: December 1st.
6. 2017 EECU Educational Grant Scholarship: Amount: $2,000. Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Deadline: December 8th. Apply at: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program.
7. REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Amount: Varies. Criteria: Varies. Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAlpQLSfiPbVdGtS_mmJKFihXS2teONOsu1BSo8axl1ASX_jmBAaU9w/viesform?c=0&w=1. Deadline: December 15th.
8. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin