Daily Bulletin 11/29/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Nov 28 15:59:17 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D36861.D82B2920]
1. WINTER FORMAL DANCE will be held on Saturday December 2nd from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Mt. Whitney Gym. Tickets go on sale TODAY thru Friday December 1st before school, during lunch and after school. Last chance to purchase tickets is on Friday December 1st during lunch!!! Prices are $20 with ASB sticker, $30 without ASB sticker and $40 at the door (these are single tickets). If students have not filled out a "Dance Agreement" need to turn that form in when purchasing tickets; and if bringing a student from another school district need to turn in "Dance Guest Permission Slip Form" signed and approved when purchasing a ticket.
2. SOCK DRIVE! Don't be a laughing stock and give some socks! CHRISTIANS IN ACTION CLUB will be running a Sock Drive for the upcoming holidays. The Sock Drive will be from TODAY thru December 8th. Drop off will be in Room 73.
3. SEED - Students Empowered by Exposure to Diversity - ProYouth XL would like to extend the invitation to all students interested in the film industry. Join us at MWHS on December 4th. We are planning a culminating event to celebrate our Film Critique Series end of semester. Playing - Bronze Screen: 100 years of Latinos is Hollywood. Transportation from all High Schools to MWHS is provided by ProYouth; we are planning a great evening with a tamale dinner, hot cocoa, pan dulce (sweet bread), popcorn and soft drinks. Pick up your permission slip from TODAY - Nov 30th at the XL office and turned in by Friday December 1st.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Basketball @ Sunnyside JV Tourney 3:30 p.m./Early Release 1:30 p.m.
Boys Basketball @ CVC Frosh Tourney 3:30 p.m./Early Release 1:45 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Redwood Varsity Tourney 7:30 p.m.
1. A MARINE'S REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Wednesday November 29th during lunch.
2. REDWOOD RANGER BAND's 13th Annual Holiday Home Tour is this Saturday December 2nd from Noon - 5:00 p.m. For more info contact Mr. Bettencourt in Room 81 or 730-7735.
3. CSF Club is sponsoring a Holiday Gift Certificate Drive to benefit needy RHS families. Our goal is to collect 40 certificates in order to help 20 families. Gift certificates should be in the amount of $10, and can be from any store. Let's spread goodwill and joy to others! Bring $10 gift certificates to RH 108 by December 12th! If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Cheatwood or email @ gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>.
1. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
2. BOYS GOLF: Anyone interested in participating on the BOYS GOLF TEAM this Spring should attend an INFORMATIONAL MEETING on Thursday November 30th during lunch in the Fitness Center.
3. CHOIR CONCERT will be held on Friday December 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
1. SENIORS: College applications deadlines are fast approaching! If you need assistance Ms. Molina will be available afterschool to assist November 30th in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m.
1. The EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM eligibility requirements include: High School Senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more. Deadline: December 1st.
2. 2017 EECU Educational Grant Scholarship: Amount: $2,000. Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Deadline: December 8th. Apply at: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program.
3. REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Amount: Varies. Criteria: Varies. Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAlpQLSfiPbVdGtS_mmJKFihXS2teONOsu1BSo8axl1ASX_jmBAaU9w/viesform?c=0&w=1. Deadline: December 15th.
4. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin