Daily Bulletin 11/30/17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Nov 29 15:24:53 PST 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D36926.34932A90]
1. WINTER FORMAL DANCE will be held on Saturday December 2nd from 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. at the Mt. Whitney Gym. Tickets go on sale TODAY thru Friday December 1st before school, during lunch and after school. Last chance to purchase tickets is on Friday December 1st during lunch!!! Prices are $20 with ASB sticker, $30 without ASB sticker and $40 at the door (these are single tickets). If students have not filled out a "Dance Agreement" need to turn that form in when purchasing tickets; and if bringing a student from another school district need to turn in "Dance Guest Permission Slip Form" signed and approved when purchasing a ticket.
2. SOCK DRIVE! Don't be a laughing stock and give some socks! CHRISTIANS IN ACTION CLUB will be running a Sock Drive for the upcoming holidays. The Sock Drive will be from TODAY thru December 8th. Drop off will be in Room 73.
3. SEED - Students Empowered by Exposure to Diversity - ProYouth XL would like to extend the invitation to all students interested in the film industry. Join us at MWHS on December 4th. We are planning a culminating event to celebrate our Film Critique Series end of semester. Playing - Bronze Screen: 100 years of Latinos is Hollywood. Transportation from all High Schools to MWHS is provided by ProYouth; we are planning a great evening with a tamale dinner, hot cocoa, pan dulce (sweet bread), popcorn and soft drinks. Pick up your permission slip from TODAY at the XL office and turned in by Friday December 1st.
4. BOYS GOLF: Anyone interested in participating on the BOYS GOLF TEAM this Spring should attend an INFORMATIONAL MEETING TODAY during lunch in the Fitness Center.
5. CAMPUS LIFE PARTNERS with the SNEAKER HEAD CLUB is hosting a shoe and sock drive. Look for our donation cans around campus next week. There is a donation box currently inside of Room 72, located in the Business Building. There will be a MEETING for members of both of these clubs, TODAY, directly after school in Mr. Henshaw's Room 75 to shoot a commercial. Please come right after school if you are either of these two clubs.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Basketball @ Sunnyside JV Tourney 8:15 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Redwood Varsity Tourney 8:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer vs. Mission Oak 4:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Mission Oak 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
1. PTSA Meeting: Our next meeting will be Monday, December 4th at 5:30 in the Library. We are still accepting donations for our Write-A-Thon fundraiser. Please help us support several projects at the school such as:
* Ranger Super Fan Spirit Day T-shirts (Free Redwood T-shirt for EVERY Student on Campus!)
* Teacher appreciation breakfasts and luncheons; teacher birthdays
* Student scholarships (Five $250.00 scholarships given each year)
* This year, the PTSA wants to help RHS administration install outdoor water bottle filling stations on campus so students can have clean, cold water during the day.
It is never too late to join PTSA, Seniors MUST join the PTSA by January 31, 2018 to be eligible for one of the PTSA scholarships. Please contact Rachelle Pierce at 801/879-1991 or Johanna Washam at 559/308-3842.
2. BOYS SOCCER BOOSTERS MEETING on Wednesday December 6th starting 6:00 p.m. in the Library. Please plan to attend!
3. CSF CLUB has a MANDATORY HOLIDAY MEETING on Tuesday December 5th! We will be sponsoring a holiday gift card drive and need everyone's participation to help Redwood families in need. In addition, scholarships and other opportunities will be addressed. Don't miss out on this very important meeting!
1. Come and get your REDWOOD SCARF for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOYS SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
2. REDWOOD RANGER BAND's 13th Annual Holiday Home Tour is this Saturday December 2nd from Noon - 5:00 p.m. For more info contact Mr. Bettencourt in Room 81 or 730-7735.
3. CHOIR CONCERT will be held on Friday December 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the LJ Williams Theatre.
4. CSF Club is sponsoring a Holiday Gift Certificate Drive to benefit needy RHS families. Our goal is to collect 40 certificates in order to help 20 families. Gift certificates should be in the amount of $10, and can be from any store. Let's spread goodwill and joy to others! Bring $10 gift certificates to RH 108 by December 12th! If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Cheatwood or email @ gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>.
1. SENIORS: College applications deadlines are fast approaching! If you need assistance Ms. Molina will be available afterschool to assist November 30th in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m.
1. The EDISON SCHOLARS PROGRAM eligibility requirements include: High School Senior must live or attend a high school in Southern California Edison (SCE)'s service area or attend an eligible high school surrounding SCE's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, plan to be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Services, Management Information Systems, Natural Resources and Conservation or Physical Sciences and demonstrate financial need. Please visit www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars<http://www.scfholarsapply.org/edisonscholars> to learn more. Deadline: December 1st.
2. 2017 EECU Educational Grant Scholarship: Amount: $2,000. Criteria: You must be a member, joint member or joint owner of Educational Employees Credit Union a minimum of 6 months prior to application close date. Account must be in good standing. Application Deadline: December 8th. Apply at: http://www.myeecu.org/home/resources/mycommunity/student-grant-program.
3. REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Amount: Varies. Criteria: Varies. Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAlpQLSfiPbVdGtS_mmJKFihXS2teONOsu1BSo8axl1ASX_jmBAaU9w/viesform?c=0&w=1. Deadline: December 15th.
4. CSF Michelson Memorial Award: Amount: $1,000.00 Criteria: 800-1000 word essay to prompt, must be a current active CSF Member and be a SENIOR this year Application Process: go to https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ Due Date: December 22nd.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin