Daily Bulletin 10-18-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 17 15:22:30 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D3475B.BFBD8120]
1. ATTENTION POTENTIAL SHH APPLICANTS: You have 4 school days to complete your application for the "Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica". Your application, transcript and $10.00 are due TODAY...see your current Spanish teacher or email Sra. Jimenez at ajimenez at vusd.org<mailto:ajimenez at vusd.org> if you have any questions.
2. SENIORS: There will be a COS APPLICATION WORKSHOP taking place TODAY. Please sign up by completing the google form sent to your VUSD email.
3. The XL trip to UC SANTA BARBARA is back on! There will be a MEETING in the upstairs library at 3:30 p.m. TODAY. If you turned in a permission slip for the original trip and show up to the meeting, you are guaranteed a spot! See you there!
4. ATTENTION ALL PRO-MED MENTORSHIP STUDENTS! Your start date for the MENTORSHIP PROGRAM is TODAY! New Mentorship Students, if you have not already submitted your permission packet please do so by October 17th! On Wednesday, please stop by the upstairs library at 4:25 p.m. to grab a snack before we make our way to Kaweah Delta. If you have any questions, please stop by the XL Office upstairs in the library. See you then!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Volleyball @ Golden West 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Water Polo @ Golden West 4:30 p.m./Early Release Boys 2:30 p.m.
Cross Country @ WYL Meet #2 3:00 p.m./Early Release 12:30 p.m.
1. CONGRATULATIONS to REDWOOD RANGER MARCHING BAND AND COLORGUARD for their performances at the Visalia Band Review. They received 2nd Place in parade in their division and 3rd out of 18 bands. In Field Show they received 3rd Place and 1st Place in music!
2. TRUE RANGERS ASSEMBLY will be on Monday October 23rd and schedule to follow in the bulletin.
3. RHS FALL PLAY will be on October 26th and 27th 7:00 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre. October 28th 2:00 p.m. matinee and 7:00 p.m.
4. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: OCTOBER 30th - NOVEMBER 3rd. 10/30: Don't Sleep on the Rangers (PJ Day); 10/31: Trick-or-Treat Tuesday (Halloween Costumes); 11/1: Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2: Throwback Thursday; 11/3: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
1. A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus Thursday October 19th during 3rd period in the upstairs library. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
2. CALLING ALL RANGERS! RISE EARLY AND JOIN BLUE CREW FOR AN EARLY MORNING! ABC 30 Action News will be at Redwood on October 20th at 5:15 a.m. to start the hype about the football game! Show off your Ranger Pride with Redwood gear, and come support our boys against the green school across town! It's going to be awesome!
3. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
4. A FRESNO PACIFIC AMBASSADOR will be on campus Monday October 23rd. Sign-ups are in the Counseling Office.
5. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
6. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
7. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
1. SENIORS: CAP AND GOWN orders are DUE at school on Friday October 20th!
2. Seniors! Only 8% of your class has signed up for the Financial Aid Application Workshop that will be held on October 24th, 2017 at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a GradNite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin