Daily Bulletin 10-19-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 18 14:49:54 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D34820.5C1C0590]
1. A UCSB COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus TODAY during 3rd period in the upstairs library. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Golf @ Lemoore Tourney 11:00 a.m./Early Release 8:00 a.m.
Football @ El Diamante - Frosh 5:00 p.m./Early Release Frosh 3:00 p.m.
1. PARENTS OF ALL POTENTIAL BOYS SOCCER PLAYERS: please plan to attend a BOOSTER MEETING on Tuesday October 24th at 6:00 p.m. at Neighborhood Church. We will be voting on open board positions, discussing fundraising efforts and hearing from our new coach, Wes Johnson! If you are unable to attend and would like to be part of the Booster Board, or would just like further information, please contact Charlotte at rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com<mailto:rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com>.
2. This SATURDAY'S UNIVERSITY October 21st will be held in Room 75 (Mr. Henshaw - Video), the Auto Shop (Cox), and Room 93 (Mrs. Duerksen AP Biology). If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. SATURDAY UNIVERISTY is from 8:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Sign up with the mentioned teachers for permission to be in their class.
3. GOOD NEWS!!! You can get fresh KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS right here at Redwood. BAND MEMBERS are having a fundraiser and you can pick up the delicious morsels at Redwood on Saturday November 11th. Preorder your dozen today. $12 per dozen - certificates are available from any BAND or COLOR GUARD MEMBER or call 559-280-9037.
4. ProYOUTH XL/SEED: Student Empowered by Exposure to Diversity would like to extend an invitation to all our students interested in going to next film presentation at Golden West High School on October 30th at 5:00 p.m. (Transportation is provided by ProYOUTH). "Chocolat" - Chocolat tells the story of a young mother, played by Juliette Binoche, who arrives at the fictional, repressed French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes with her six-year-old daughter and opens La Chocolaterir Maya, a small chocolaterie. Her chocolate quickly begins to change the lives of the townspeople." After the film let's gather for a brief critique - yes we stay for an engaging and thought - provoking discussion about the film with other students and community members. Go to your XL Office to get more information regarding the fieldtrip and to pick up a permission slip. What to expect? We are opening with a nice Taco Diner, and then we will watch the film, right after the film we are having a great chocolate display for you to enjoy during our film critique. We are also serving chocolate abuelita y pan dulce (hot cocoa & sweet bread).
5. The CSF COMMUNITY SERVICVE PROJECT, The Coin Collecting Project, is up and running again! Every English Classroom has received a box for students and teachers to put their spare change in. Our goal is to beat last year's collection of $700!!! All of the money collected will be given to Valley Children's Hospital in Madera to give to families in need for gas cards to be able to visit their children in the hospital. Boxes will be collected Friday October 27th. The class that collects the most, gets a prize!
1. CALLING ALL RANGERS! RISE EARLY AND JOIN BLUE CREW FOR AN EARLY MORNING! ABC 30 Action News will be at Redwood on October 20th at 5:15 a.m. to start the hype about the football game! Show off your Ranger Pride with Redwood gear, and come support our boys against the green school across town! It's going to be awesome!
2. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by October 20th. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
3. A FRESNO PACIFIC AMBASSADOR will be on campus Monday October 23rd. Sign-ups are in the Counseling Office.
4. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
5. RHS FALL PLAY will be on October 26th and 27th 7:00 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre. October 28th 2:00 p.m. matinee and 7:00 p.m.
6. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: OCTOBER 30th - NOVEMBER 3rd. 10/30: Don't Sleep on the Rangers (PJ Day); 10/31: Trick-or-Treat Tuesday (Halloween Costumes); 11/1: Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2: Throwback Thursday; 11/3: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
7. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
8. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
1. SENIORS: CAP AND GOWN orders are DUE at school on Friday October 20th!
2. Seniors! Only 8% of your class has signed up for the Financial Aid Application Workshop that will be held on October 24th, 2017 at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a GradNite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin