Daily Bulletin 10-20-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Oct 19 15:02:32 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D348EB.4A67FE00]
1. CALLING ALL RANGERS! RISE EARLY AND JOIN BLUE CREW FOR AN EARLY MORNING! ABC 30 Action News will be at Redwood TODAY at 5:15 a.m. to start the hype about the football game! Show off your Ranger Pride with Redwood gear, and come support our boys against the green school across town! It's going to be awesome!
2. JOIN PTSA BY OCTOBER 20th: Parent and Student Members have chance to win a 2017-2018 VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) pass or an All Sports Pass if you join PTSA by TODAY. We will raffle off two VAPA passes and two Sport passes. Each pass will be good for admission for the winner and a guest at each event. So don't delay, join PTSA TODAY! (Passes not accepted for playoffs or tournaments and are not transferable.) Contact Johanna Washam at 308-3842 with questions.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Football vs. El Diamante 5:00 p.m./7:30 p.m.
Boys Water Polo @ Turlock Tourney - Varsity/Early Release 7:00 a.m.
Cross Country @ Mt. Sac Invitational/Early Release 7:00 a.m.
1. SENIORS: The Ranger XL Program College and Career Ambassador will be providing college application assistance in the Upstairs Library on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
2. Alright you robot rangers. This is our second competition. As Oliver Perry said, during the battle of Lake Erie; "We have met the enemy and they are ours." Get your permission forms from Mr. Post to make this event. We will meet and conquer the "enemy" on Wednesday November 1st. There are a limited number of seats so don't dally.
3. Attention Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED Club will be meeting on Monday, October 23rd at 3:30pm in room 94. Please do your best to attend the club meeting as there are important announcements for all Pro-MED students. If you have any questions please stop by the XL office located in the library, upstairs. See you then!
1. This SATURDAY'S UNIVERSITY October 21st will be held in Room 75 (Mr. Henshaw - Video), the Auto Shop (Cox), and Room 93 (Mrs. Duerksen AP Biology). If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. SATURDAY UNIVERISTY is from 8:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Sign up with the mentioned teachers for permission to be in their class.
2. A FRESNO PACIFIC AMBASSADOR will be on campus Monday October 23rd. Sign-ups are in the Counseling Office. PARENTS OF ALL POTENTIAL BOYS SOCCER PLAYERS: please plan to attend a BOOSTER MEETING on Tuesday October 24th at 6:00 p.m. at Neighborhood Church. We will be voting on open board positions, discussing fundraising efforts and hearing from our new coach, Wes Johnson! If you are unable to attend and would like to be part of the Booster Board, or would just like further information, please contact Charlotte at rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com<mailto:rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com>.
3. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
4. RHS FALL PLAY will be on October 26th and 27th 7:00 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre. October 28th 2:00 p.m. matinee and 7:00 p.m.
5. The CSF COMMUNITY SERVICVE PROJECT, The Coin Collecting Project, is up and running again! Every English Classroom has received a box for students and teachers to put their spare change in. Our goal is to beat last year's collection of $700!!! All of the money collected will be given to Valley Children's Hospital in Madera to give to families in need for gas cards to be able to visit their children in the hospital. Boxes will be collected Friday October 27th. The class that collects the most, gets a prize!
6. ProYOUTH XL/SEED: Student Empowered by Exposure to Diversity would like to extend an invitation to all our students interested in going to next film presentation at Golden West High School on October 30th at 5:00 p.m. (Transportation is provided by ProYOUTH). "Chocolat" - Chocolat tells the story of a young mother, played by Juliette Binoche, who arrives at the fictional, repressed French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes with her six-year-old daughter and opens La Chocolaterir Maya, a small chocolaterie. Her chocolate quickly begins to change the lives of the townspeople." After the film let's gather for a brief critique - yes we stay for an engaging and thought - provoking discussion about the film with other students and community members. Go to your XL Office to get more information regarding the fieldtrip and to pick up a permission slip. What to expect? We are opening with a nice Taco Diner, and then we will watch the film, right after the film we are having a great chocolate display for you to enjoy during our film critique. We are also serving chocolate abuelita y pan dulce (hot cocoa & sweet bread).
7. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: OCTOBER 30th - NOVEMBER 3rd. 10/30: Don't Sleep on the Rangers (PJ Day); 10/31: Trick-or-Treat Tuesday (Halloween Costumes); 11/1: Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2: Throwback Thursday; 11/3: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
8. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
9. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
10. GOOD NEWS!!! You can get fresh KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS right here at Redwood. BAND MEMBERS are having a fundraiser and you can pick up the delicious morsels at Redwood on Saturday November 11th. Preorder your dozen today. $12 per dozen - certificates are available from any BAND or COLOR GUARD MEMBER or call 559-280-9037.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin