Daily Bulletin 10-24-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon Oct 23 15:08:47 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D34C10.D37A4630]
1. PARENTS OF ALL POTENTIAL BOYS SOCCER PLAYERS: please plan to attend a BOOSTER MEETING TODAY at 6:00 p.m. at Neighborhood Church. We will be voting on open board positions, discussing fundraising efforts and hearing from our new coach, Wes Johnson! If you are unable to attend and would like to be part of the Booster Board, or would just like further information, please contact Charlotte at rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com<mailto:rhssoccerbooster at gmail.com>.
2. SENIORS: Financial Aid Application Workshop will be held TODAY at 5pm. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible. All students who are registered and complete the online exit survey the day of the workshop, will be entered to win a Grad Nite ticket. Don't wait, sign up today. https://cash4college.csac.ca.gov/Home/showWorkshopDetail?id=2163
3. JAPAN TRIP! If you are interested in exploring Japan while earning 3 units of college credit, come see Mrs. Yates in Room P3 (Sierra Vista Campus) or come to a PARENT INFORMATION MEETING TODAY at 5:30 p.m.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
1. If you are still interested in attending the COSTA RICA TRIP this summer and earning 3 units of college credit, see Mrs. Yates in Room P3 (Sierra Vista Campus).
2. ALL BOYS interested in trying out for BASKETBALL, tryouts start Monday October 30th at 3:30 p.m. in the Gym.
3. PAWS 4 A CAUSE HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST for a pet (dog), cat, rabbit, tortoise...) at 4:00 p.m. in the QUAD Monday October 30th. Please sign up with and pay Ms. Laufer $2.00 (plus a donation if you want) before or after school, or at lunch in Room 94 through lunch Monday October 30th. 1st Prize and Most Creative will be awarded plus a small gift to all contestants.
4. The FOOTBALL BOOSTERS is selling "RESERVED COWHIDE SEATING". A limited number of reserved seats are available for $20.00. Remember, Redwood is on the visitors' side this year! Don't be left without a seat! For tickets contact, Leticia Mota at 972-6076 or email rangerfootballboosters at gmail.com
1. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open October 25th at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
2. RHS FALL PLAY will be on October 26th at 7:00 p.m. and October 27th at 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre. October 28th 2:00 p.m. matinee only.
3. The CSF COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT, The Coin Collecting Project, is up and running again! Every English Classroom has received a box for students and teachers to put their spare change in. Our goal is to beat last year's collection of $700!!! All of the money collected will be given to Valley Children's Hospital in Madera to give to families in need for gas cards to be able to visit their children in the hospital. Boxes will be collected Friday October 27th. The class that collects the most, gets a prize!
4. ProYOUTH XL/SEED: Student Empowered by Exposure to Diversity would like to extend an invitation to all our students interested in going to next film presentation at Golden West High School on October 30th at 5:00 p.m. (Transportation is provided by ProYOUTH). "Chocolat" - Chocolat tells the story of a young mother, played by Juliette Binoche, who arrives at the fictional, repressed French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes with her six-year-old daughter and opens La Chocolaterir Maya, a small chocolaterie. Her chocolate quickly begins to change the lives of the townspeople." After the film let's gather for a brief critique - yes we stay for an engaging and thought - provoking discussion about the film with other students and community members. Go to your XL Office to get more information regarding the fieldtrip and to pick up a permission slip. What to expect? We are opening with a nice Taco Diner, and then we will watch the film, right after the film we are having a great chocolate display for you to enjoy during our film critique. We are also serving chocolate abuelita y pan dulce (hot cocoa & sweet bread).
5. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: OCTOBER 30th - NOVEMBER 3rd. 10/30: Don't Sleep on the Rangers (PJ Day); 10/31: Trick-or-Treat Tuesday (Halloween Costumes); 11/1: Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2: Throwback Thursday; 11/3: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
6. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
7. Alright you Robot Rangers, this is our Second Competition. As Oliver Perry said, during the battle of Lake Erie; "We have met the enemy and they are ours. " Get your permission forms from Mr. Post to make this event. We will meet and conquer the "enemy" on Wednesday November 1st. There are a limited number of seats so don't dally.
8. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
9. GOOD NEWS!!! You can get fresh KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS right here at Redwood. BAND MEMBERS are having a fundraiser and you can pick up the delicious morsels at Redwood on Saturday November 11th. Preorder your dozen today. $12 per dozen - certificates are available from any BAND or COLOR GUARD MEMBER or call 559-280-9037.
1. SENIORS: The Ranger XL Program College and Career Ambassador will be providing college application assistance in the Upstairs Library on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin