Daily Bulletin 10-25-17
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 24 14:54:35 PDT 2017
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D34CD8.0222D340]
1. LINK CREW'S ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE: It's that time of year again to scare and excite those who dare to walk the Halls of our American Horror Story. Doors will be open TODAY at Sierra Vista from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Entry is $2.00 per walk and Freshman will get one free entrance to enjoy. We will also have food, popcorn and Carnival games for your enjoyment. Please come out to SIERRA VISTA and have hauntingly good time!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Tennis - CIF Playoffs 4:00 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. TO ALL STUDENTS: Please renew or return all library books that were checked out between August 16th - 31st; all those library books changed automatically from overdue to lost status creating a fine in your accounts. Also books checked out from September 1st - 29th are about to change to lost. Books checked out during the first week of October are now in overdue. Library books are checked out for a period of three weeks. Yes, you need to renew them or return them. There are many books on demand, please don't hold them and allow your classmates the opportunity to check them out to read them.
2. XL FIELD TRIP: The permission slips to UCSB are due NO LATER than Thursday October 26th! Please turn them in the upstairs library as soon as possible if you would like to go.
3. Pro-MED Mentorship Students! Please remember to take your TB skin test and flu shot at Kaweah Delta, the final date to have those complete is November 7th. Permission slips for the next Mentorship meeting at Kaweah Delta are also due this week! Lastly, if you have not already done so, please turn in your packet to the XL Office located upstairs in the Library. Next Pro-MED Club meeting is on Monday, October 30th at 3:30pm in room 94. You do not want to miss out on Halloween treats and important announcements!
4. Attention girls interested in playing softball for the Rangers in the spring, Tryouts for Varsity and JV teams for girls NOT in a winter sport will be the week after Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 - Dec. 1. You will need to be cleared to play, first. Currently, we are conditioning on Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:40 to 5pm. Pass the word if you know of girls who are interested. If you have questions see Coach Sanchez in room 201 or Coach Rooney in room 56.
1. RHS FALL PLAY will be on October 26th at 7:00 p.m. and October 27th at 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Rotary Theatre. October 28th 2:00 p.m. matinee only.
2. The CSF COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT, The Coin Collecting Project, is up and running again! Every English Classroom has received a box for students and teachers to put their spare change in. Our goal is to beat last year's collection of $700!!! All of the money collected will be given to Valley Children's Hospital in Madera to give to families in need for gas cards to be able to visit their children in the hospital. Boxes will be collected Friday October 27th. The class that collects the most, gets a prize!
3. ProYOUTH XL/SEED: Student Empowered by Exposure to Diversity would like to extend an invitation to all our students interested in going to next film presentation at Golden West High School on October 30th at 5:00 p.m. (Transportation is provided by ProYOUTH). "Chocolat" - Chocolat tells the story of a young mother, played by Juliette Binoche, who arrives at the fictional, repressed French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes with her six-year-old daughter and opens La Chocolaterir Maya, a small chocolaterie. Her chocolate quickly begins to change the lives of the townspeople." After the film let's gather for a brief critique - yes we stay for an engaging and thought - provoking discussion about the film with other students and community members. Go to your XL Office to get more information regarding the fieldtrip and to pick up a permission slip. What to expect? We are opening with a nice Taco Diner, and then we will watch the film, right after the film we are having a great chocolate display for you to enjoy during our film critique. We are also serving chocolate abuelita y pan dulce (hot cocoa & sweet bread).
4. ALL BOYS interested in trying out for BASKETBALL, tryouts start Monday October 30th at 3:30 p.m. in the Gym.
5. PAWS 4 A CAUSE HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST for a pet (dog), cat, rabbit, tortoise...) at 4:00 p.m. in the QUAD Monday October 30th. Please sign up with and pay Ms. Laufer $2.00 (plus a donation if you want) before or after school, or at lunch in Room 94 through lunch Monday October 30th. 1st Prize and Most Creative will be awarded plus a small gift to all contestants.
6. COWHIDE DRESS UP DAYS: OCTOBER 30th - NOVEMBER 3rd. 10/30: Don't Sleep on the Rangers (PJ Day); 10/31: Trick-or-Treat Tuesday (Halloween Costumes); 11/1: Winning Wednesday (Sports Day); 11/2: Throwback Thursday; 11/3: Can't Hide Our Ranger Pride (Spirit).
7. CSF SCHOOLWIDE BOOK DRIVE! Do you own a hardcover book that is like new? Why not donate it to the Redwood Library? For the rest of October, bring your like-new hardcover books to Room 108 by October 31st! Let's give back to our high school and share our good reads with others!
8. Alright you Robot Rangers, this is our Second Competition. As Oliver Perry said, during the battle of Lake Erie; "We have met the enemy and they are ours. " Get your permission forms from Mr. Post to make this event. We will meet and conquer the "enemy" on Wednesday November 1st. There are a limited number of seats so don't dally.
9. IT's FAFSA TIME! November 4th at College of the Sequoias from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. For more information call 559-497-3862.
10. GOOD NEWS!!! You can get fresh KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS right here at Redwood. BAND MEMBERS are having a fundraiser and you can pick up the delicious morsels at Redwood on Saturday November 11th. Preorder your dozen today. $12 per dozen - certificates are available from any BAND or COLOR GUARD MEMBER or call 559-280-9037.
11. If you are still interested in attending the COSTA RICA TRIP this summer and earning 3 units of college credit, see Mrs. Yates in Room P3 (Sierra Vista Campus).
12. The FOOTBALL BOOSTERS is selling "RESERVED COWHIDE SEATING". A limited number of reserved seats are available for $20.00. Remember, Redwood is on the visitors' side this year! Don't be left without a seat! For tickets contact, Leticia Mota at 972-6076 or email rangerfootballboosters at gmail.com
1. SENIORS: The Ranger XL Program College and Career Ambassador will be providing college application assistance in the Upstairs Library on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin