Daily Bulletin 1-11-18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed Jan 10 15:15:25 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D38A25.D767E650]
1. ATTENTION! The TRACK AND FIELD season is approaching. Starting TODAY will be optional conditioning. Season for non-winter sports athletes will be January 22nd. See you out there!
2. For those student interested in Diving, there will be a DIVING MEETING will be TODAY at 3:30 p.m. in the pool area.
3. Do you think it's important to remember the international tragedy known as the Holocaust? Cynthia Simonian from the Holocaust Education Center will be presenting a short informational video about the Holocaust and the continuing need to fight against discrimination. Artifacts from the time period will be on display. The Redwood WE CLUB will be launching a button collection to donate for the creation of a memorial honoring the 6 million people who were murdered during the Holocaust. Come to Room 109 at lunch TODAY to find out more.
4. Attention softball parents and players: The next SOFTBALL BOOSTER MEETING will be TODAY at 6:15 p.m. in Coach Rooney's Room 56. All parents and players are expected to attend. We will be discussing upcoming season and tournaments. See you all there!
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Boys Basketball @ Golde3n West 4:30 p.m./Early Release 2:30 p.m.
Girls Basketball vs. Golden West 4:30 p.m.
Girls Wrestling @ Orange Cove 5:00 p.m./Early Release 2:15 p.m.
1. An ARMY NATIONAL GUARD representative will be on campus Thursday January 18th during lunch in the upstairs Library for those students who are interested.
2. Come and get your Redwood Scarf for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOY's SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. How does FREE WiFi, Open Gym and a Teen Lounge sound to you?! The CLUB VISALIA offering free membership for teens! Meeting on Friday January 12th in the QUAD for more information!
2. Anyone interested in working tech/backstage on SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL need to come to a MANDATORY MEETING on Friday January 12th at lunch in Room 15 on Sierra Vista campus. See Mrs. Galvan for more details.
3. A HARVARD COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus during 2nd Period in the Upstairs Library on Tuesday January 16th. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
4. BOYS TENNIS PLAYERS AND PARENTS: There will be two separate MEETINGS, one for potential players and the other for parents, in Room 14A on the Sierra Vista Campus Wednesday January 10th. Players not in a winter sport will meet at 3:30 p.m. and parents at 6:30 p.m. Daily practice for those cleared will begin at 3:30 p.m. on the courts Tuesday January 16th.
5. The FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE will be having a Blaze Pizza night fundraiser Tuesday January 16th from 5:00 - 10:00 p.m. Come on down, show the flyer in person or on your smartphone, and help us raise money. We're looking to raise funds for shirts, club supplies and books for our reading series! Help our cause get some delicious pizza!
6. Happy New Year, Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED CLUB will be MEETING after school on Thursday January 18th! Pro-MED Mentorship Students, please stop by the XL Office, located in the Upstairs Library, to pick up a permission slip for this year's meetings at Kaweah Delta. Also, if you are planning to run for a Pro-MED Club Leadership Position, presentations and elections will take place during the Pro-MED Club Meeting on Thursday January 18th. Stay tuned for details in the following week's bulletin!
7. CSF FALL MEMEBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. Bring the following to Room 108 during lunch: *completed application form (pick up early in Room 108), *fall semester transcript provided the week of January 22nd in your English class EXCEPT for seniors, *a donation of one hardback book for the Redwood Library, and *$5 for dues to cover graduation supplies. Friday February 2, 2018 is the deadline to apply. Freshmen are now eligible to apply for membership with their first semester grades. Seniors ONLY will need to request a transcript 3-4 days in advance from the Counseling Department in order to provide documentation for CSF Membership. (All other grades will receive transcripts in their English class.) If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> or come to Room 108.
1. CSF FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. You will need to request a transcript from the office 3-4 days in advance in order to verify current semester grades. This is especially important to SENIORS who are seeking lifetime membership. If you do not know your lifetime status, please see Ms. Cheatwood in Room 108 ASAP or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Seniors who qualify for lifetime membership with fall semester grades will be invited to the CSF Lifetime Luncheon in April.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin