Daily Bulletin 1-12-18
lhayslett at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Jan 11 15:29:19 PST 2018
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D38AF0.F2D02DF0]
1. ATTENTION! The TRACK AND FIELD season is approaching. Starting TODAY will be optional conditioning. Season for non-winter sports athletes will be January 22nd. See you out there!
2. How does FREE WiFi, Open Gym and a Teen Lounge sound to you?! The CLUB VISALIA offering free membership for teens! Meeting TODAY in the QUAD for more information!
3. Anyone interested in working tech/backstage on SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL need to come to a MANDATORY MEETING TODAY at lunch in Room 15 on Sierra Vista campus. See Mrs. Galvan for more details.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
1. ATTENTION STUDENTS! Would you like to earn scholarship money using your speaking skills? If so, take advantage of this great opportunity. The SEQUOIA LIONS CLUB will be hosting the 2018 Student Speakers Contest. This year's topic is "Integrity and Civility Play What Role in Today's Society?" The contest will take place in February 2018 and is open to all students. For sign ups and more information, see Mrs. Jauregui in the Counseling Office! The deadline to sign up is January 19th.
2. The PSAT 10 (9th and 10th GRADES ONLY) will be held on Wednesday March 7th; cost is $15.00 per student. REGISTRATION BEGINS ON Tuesday January 16th (before school, lunch and after school) AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students must FIRST PAY the $15.00 in the Finance Center and secure their spot. The study booklet for the PSAT 10 will be distributed in early February. Please see Mr. Matta if you have any questions.
3. Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED Club will be meeting after school on Thursday, January 18th in room 94. Elections will also take place on this date! Pro-MED Mentorship Students, please make sure you stop by the XL Office located in the library upstairs, to pick up a permission slip for didactics at Kaweah Delta. Our first didactics meeting is on Wednesday, January 17th and we will meet at the library at 3:30pm.
1. A HARVARD COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus during 2nd Period in the Upstairs Library on Tuesday January 16th. Sign-ups will be in the Counseling Office.
2. BOYS TENNIS PLAYERS AND PARENTS: There will be two separate MEETINGS, one for potential players and the other for parents, in Room 14A on the Sierra Vista Campus Wednesday January 10th. Players not in a winter sport will meet at 3:30 p.m. and parents at 6:30 p.m. Daily practice for those cleared will begin at 3:30 p.m. on the courts Tuesday January 16th.
3. The FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE will be having a Blaze Pizza night fundraiser Tuesday January 16th from 5:00 - 10:00 p.m. Come on down, show the flyer in person or on your smartphone, and help us raise money. We're looking to raise funds for shirts, club supplies and books for our reading series! Help our cause get some delicious pizza!
4. Happy New Year, Pro-MED Students! Pro-MED CLUB will be MEETING after school on Thursday January 18th! Pro-MED Mentorship Students, please stop by the XL Office, located in the Upstairs Library, to pick up a permission slip for this year's meetings at Kaweah Delta. Also, if you are planning to run for a Pro-MED Club Leadership Position, presentations and elections will take place during the Pro-MED Club Meeting on Thursday January 18th. Stay tuned for details in the following week's bulletin!
5. An ARMY NATIONAL GUARD representative will be on campus Thursday January 18th during lunch in the upstairs Library for those students who are interested.
6. CSF FALL MEMEBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. Bring the following to Room 108 during lunch: *completed application form (pick up early in Room 108), *fall semester transcript provided the week of January 22nd in your English class EXCEPT for seniors, *a donation of one hardback book for the Redwood Library, and *$5 for dues to cover graduation supplies. Friday February 2, 2018 is the deadline to apply. Freshmen are now eligible to apply for membership with their first semester grades. Seniors ONLY will need to request a transcript 3-4 days in advance from the Counseling Department in order to provide documentation for CSF Membership. (All other grades will receive transcripts in their English class.) If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Cheatwood at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org> or come to Room 108.
7. Come and get your Redwood Scarf for $20 to benefit REDWOOD BOY's SOCCER TEAM. If interested, please stop by and see Mrs. Torres in the Counseling Office.
1. CSF FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE will be held the week of January 29th through February 2, 2018. You will need to request a transcript from the office 3-4 days in advance in order to verify current semester grades. This is especially important to SENIORS who are seeking lifetime membership. If you do not know your lifetime status, please see Ms. Cheatwood in Room 108 ASAP or email at gcheatwood at vusd.org<mailto:gcheatwood at vusd.org>. Seniors who qualify for lifetime membership with fall semester grades will be invited to the CSF Lifetime Luncheon in April.
1. EM THARP INC./WORLD AG EXPO SCHOLARSHIP: Eligibility: Current seniors planning to enroll in a 4-year university next school year; accepted by an accredited 4-year university; future educational goals must be in Ag/Industrial/Business; incomplete or late applications will not be considered; apply online at https://worldagexpo.com/scholarships. Deadline: January 19th.
2. CIF/FARMERS SCHOLAR-ATHLETE: Amount: up to $5,000; criteria: 3.5gpa or above, Varsity sport at least two years including senior year, display the 6 Pillars of Character; visit http://www.cifstate.org/parents-students/awards_and_scholarships/sa/SCHOLAR-ATHLETE_2018_APPLICATION_FINAL.pdf to apply; Deadline: Must be postmarked by February 12th.
Secretary Student Services/Activities
Redwood High School
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin