Daily Bulletin 10-11-19
lhayslett at vusd.org
Thu Oct 10 15:18:35 PDT 2019
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D57F7D.FA929E50]
1. JUNIORS: The PSAT will be held on Wednesday October 16th; cost is $18.00 per student. REGISTRATION STARTS TODAY AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students can pay $18 in the Finance Center (Before School, after school and at lunch). Cash or Card only. No checks. Students may also pay online through the Ranger Web Store. https://www.vusd.org/redwood There is a small convenience fee. The Fall PSAT is designed for 11th grade students only. 9th and 10th grade students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT in spring 2020. There are a limited number of fee waivers available. See Mr. Matta regarding fee waiver guidelines.
2. AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. AP TESTING will take place May 4th - May 15th. To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay for the exam in the Finance Office (cash only) or online at our Ranger Webstore. Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Molina's office. The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 5th at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $94 per exam. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver. All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam. Please see Ms. Molina to apply for other fee waivers. If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Molina.
3. DANCE FORCE BOOSTERS will be selling the "Real Rangers Wear Pink" shirts after school under the bridge TODAY for the Breast Cancer Pink-Out Game TODAY. Shirts are $10.00.
4. SAGU COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE will be on campus TODAY during 2nd period in the Upstairs Library. Sign up in the Counseling Office.
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Water Polo @ Turlock Varsity Tourney 10:00 a.m./Early Release 7:00 a.m.
Girls Water Polo @ Tulare Union JV Tourney 2:45 p.m./Early Release 12:30 p.m.
Football vs. Golden West - Varsity 6:30 p.m.
1. RHS FALL PLAY UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE IS COMING!!! October 12th at 7:00 pm and the 12th at 2:00 p.m. as well. $8 general admission, $12 reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased from Mrs. Galvan in Room 15 or Online at redwoodrangersdrama.ludus.com Come join us at the Rotary Theater for an evening of laughs as we take a look at the bureaucracy of public education.
2. The SATURDAY ACADEMY is up and running. Fall semester dates are: October 12th and 26th November 2nd and 16th December 7th. If you are a senior, this recovers any previous absences. The Academy is from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Please be on time and enter through the gate between the cafeteria and the auto shop. Please check with attendance office to find out which teachers will be holding classes!
3. DANCE FORCE SPIRIT WEAR FUNDRAISER: Check out the website https://rhsspiritwear2019.itemorder.com to order some really cool bling items for all sports with RHS branding! DEADLINE to order is Monday October 14th.
4. GIRLS SOCCER CONDITIONING begins on Monday October 14th after school in the Bowl. If you have not already signed up for the 2019-2020 season and plan on trying out please fill out form at https://forms.gle/TUgw9Ky48FqogfMn8
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ 2020 AUDITIONS ARE COMING October 15th at 6:00 pm or October 16th at 4:00 pm. Drama Room 15 Sierra Vista. Callbacks will be October 17th at 6:00 pm.
6. Attention One and All!!!! LINK CREW is hosting its ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH!!! Redwood Asylum will run from 6:30pm-9:00 pm on Sierra Vista campus. Come check out biggest event of the year with your friends and family. Food and Carnival games will also be available for all to enjoy if the haunted house is not your thing. All freshmen will get 1 free entry with ID cards; all other entries are $2.00.
7. COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS is hosting an event for both parents and Junior/Senior High School students with an interest in Majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). October 25th from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., sign up at: www.cos.edu/ndc<http://www.cos.edu/ndc>
8. Soroptimist International of Visalia will be hosting a one-day DREAM IT BE IT CAREER CONFERENCE for girls on October 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend but preregistration is required. Register online at https://www.sivisalia.org/dream-it-be-it. The conference will be held at the First Presbyterian Church in Visalia with activities and lunch will be included.
9. ATTENTION SENIORS, JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES: Just a reminder that if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies and or 10 Unverified/Unexcused Absences then your off campus lunch privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the grading period. Please get to class and be on time. If you have absences for being sick, court, or family emergencies please have your parents call the attendance office. Freshman if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies you will serve detention to make up missed time during lunch.
1. JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.
2. Haz La U Scholarship
Amount: up to $15,000 grant
*Be of Hispanic heritage. *Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired). *Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. *Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate degree *Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U. S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the next academic year *To apply, applicants must currently be a high school senior, entering a two year or four year college next school year. *Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Apply at : www.colgate.com/hazlau<https://www.colgatepalmolive.com/en-us/core-values/community-responsibility/make-the-u> Deadline: October 15
3. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 to $5,000 per year
Criteria: Applicants must be: *Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) *U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees *Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application *Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution Application Process: Apply at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ccsf
Deadline: October 31
4. Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm> Deadline: November 5.
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Administrative Assistant Student Services and Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin