Daily Bulletin 10-14-19
lhayslett at vusd.org
Fri Oct 11 15:06:45 PDT 2019
REDWOOD HIGH SCHOOL [cid:image001.jpg at 01D58045.7EBD1F80]
1. JUNIORS: The PSAT will be held on Wednesday October 16th; cost is $18.00 per student. REGISTRATION STARTS TODAY AND WILL CLOSE ONCE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SIGN-UP BASIS. Students can pay $18 in the Finance Center (Before School, after school and at lunch). Cash or Card only. No checks. Students may also pay online through the Ranger Web Store. https://www.vusd.org/redwood There is a small convenience fee. The Fall PSAT is designed for 11th grade students only. 9th and 10th grade students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT in spring 2020. There are a limited number of fee waivers available. See Mr. Matta regarding fee waiver guidelines.
2. AP TESTING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. AP TESTING will take place May 4th - May 15th. To register for an AP Exam, students must complete a registration form and pay for the exam in the Finance Office (cash only) or online at our Ranger Webstore. Registration forms are in the Counseling Office outside of Ms. Molina's office. The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 5th at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $94 per exam. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch or meet Federal Income Guidelines, you may qualify for a fee waiver. All students qualify for a one-time fee waiver for one exam. Please see Ms. Molina to apply for other fee waivers. If you have any questions regarding AP testing, please contact Ms. Molina.
3. DANCE FORCE SPIRIT WEAR FUNDRAISER: Check out the website https://rhsspiritwear2019.itemorder.com to order some really cool bling items for all sports with RHS branding! DEADLINE to order TODAY.
4. GIRLS SOCCER CONDITIONING begins TODAY after school in the Bowl. If you have not already signed up for the 2019-2020 season and plan on trying out please fill out form at https://forms.gle/TUgw9Ky48FqogfMn8
SPORTS TODAY/EARLY RELEASES:
Girls Golf @ Monache/Early Release 7:00 a.m.
1. The OUTDOOR CLUB will be heading back to Sequoia National Park on October 26th. If you want to join us for a great hike that includes high country views and giant trees, stop by Mr. McNitt's Room (106) to pick up a permission slip. As always, this hike is completely free and transportation will be provided. We hope to see you there.
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ 2020 AUDITIONS ARE COMING October 15th at 6:00 pm or October 16th at 4:00 pm. Drama Room 15 Sierra Vista. Callbacks will be October 17th at 6:00 pm.
2. Attention One and All!!!! LINK CREW is hosting its ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH!!! Redwood Asylum will run from 6:30pm-9:00 pm on Sierra Vista campus. Come check out biggest event of the year with your friends and family. Food and Carnival games will also be available for all to enjoy if the haunted house is not your thing. All freshmen will get 1 free entry with ID cards; all other entries are $2.00.
3. COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS is hosting an event for both parents and Junior/Senior High School students with an interest in Majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). October 25th from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., sign up at: www.cos.edu/ndc<http://www.cos.edu/ndc>
4. Soroptimist International of Visalia will be hosting a one-day DREAM IT BE IT CAREER CONFERENCE for girls on October 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend but preregistration is required. Register online at https://www.sivisalia.org/dream-it-be-it. The conference will be held at the First Presbyterian Church in Visalia with activities and lunch will be included.
5. ATTENTION SENIORS, JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES: Just a reminder that if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies and or 10 Unverified/Unexcused Absences then your off campus lunch privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the grading period. Please get to class and be on time. If you have absences for being sick, court, or family emergencies please have your parents call the attendance office. Freshman if you accumulate 10 unexcused tardies you will serve detention to make up missed time during lunch.
1. JUNIORS AND SENIORS: College Board has launched the College Board Opportunity Scholarship. Please visit https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ for additional information. Scholarship deadlines vary.
2. Haz La U Scholarship
Amount: up to $15,000 grant
*Be of Hispanic heritage. *Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired). *Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. *Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate degree *Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U. S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the next academic year *To apply, applicants must currently be a high school senior, entering a two year or four year college next school year. *Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Apply at : www.colgate.com/hazlau<https://www.colgatepalmolive.com/en-us/core-values/community-responsibility/make-the-u> Deadline: October 15
3. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 to $5,000 per year
Criteria: Applicants must be: *Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) *U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees *Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application *Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution Application Process: Apply at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ccsf
Deadline: October 31
4. Elk's National Foundation Most Valuable Student
Amount: $1,000-$12,500 per year
Criteria: Must be a U.S. citizen and have a financial need; open to high school seniors who exhibit leadership qualities Application Process: Apply at www.elks.org<http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm> Deadline: November 5.
Secretary Student Services
Redwood High School
Administrative Assistant Student Services and Activities
Redwood High School
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5189 bytes
More information about the RHS-Bulletin