[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Oct 20 16:24:44 PDT 2017

Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Today is a late start bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Athletics is selling pizza Friday, $2 a slice and $1 for water.

*This week is Red Ribbon week:
Dress in Red today, and sign the pledge in your 1st period classroom.  Today is also our schoolwide door decorating contest.
Tomorrow is crazy everything day, so go crazy for a drug free life
On Wednesday we wear Pink, so let's see how pink we can be
Thursday is country/western day
And Friday is dress in anything Disney.
We will have activities each lunch to celebrate life without drugs. Look for the flyers and posters around campus for more information.  Dress code still applies.

*PE students remember that as the weather gets cooler you are allowed to wear sweat pants, yoga pants, or any athletic type pants and they can be any color. You can also buy a pair of La Joya sweats or sweatshirt from either the boys or girls locker room for 20 dollars each.

*Cafeteria News
Starting today, October 23rd the Lunch indoor Vending cart will be closed.  ALL snack bar windows at lunch will be open for cash and account money.

Reminder:
Window # 1 and #2 are open before school for breakfast and window #1 is breakfast only at break.

*Cross Country Awards are today at 3:30 in the gym. Runners make sure to turn in your uniforms ASAP, girls to girls locker room and boys to Mr. Hefner.
PULSE NEWS

*Football and Cheer have the Awards Banquet fieldtrip this Friday. Please make sure you turn in your fieldtrip form.

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Monday 10/23:

Cross Country Awards in the gym at 3:30pm.

Volleyball is at Valley Oak, start time is 4:00pm, release from class at 2:45

The La Joya Varsity Football team beat Valley Oak, 21-7, on Thursday. Scoring touchdowns were Donan Benevente, Noah Hawker, and Michael Ramirez. Jacob Aguayo kicked 3 extra points. Outstanding players were Austin Watson, Darren Fisher, Henry Vidak, and Logan Her.

*Wednesday 10/25:

Student Staff Game @ 4pm.  Come out and participate (teachers) or show your school PRIDE (students).
8th Volleyball Awards at Howie and Sons from 6:30-8:30.
8th Grade football awards in room  from 3:30-4:00  in room 607.
7th Grade football awards in room from 3:30-4:00 in room 204

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302