[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 24 15:42:14 PDT 2017

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*This week is Red Ribbon week:
Today, we wear Pink, so let's see how Pink we can be!
Tomorrow is country/western day
And Friday is dress in anything Disney.
We will have activities each lunch to celebrate life without drugs. Look for the flyers and posters around campus for more information.  Dress code still applies.

Students - did you know that abusing alcohol increases the risk of developing various cancers, including cancers of the mouth, esophagus, pharynx, larynx, and liver?

Teachers, please show the red ribbon video in the drop box.

*Garden Club meets today after school.
*PE students remember that as the weather gets cooler you are allowed to wear sweat pants, yoga pants, or any athletic type pants and they can be any color. You can also buy a pair of La Joya sweats or sweatshirt from either the boys or girls locker room for 20 dollars each.

* Attention students!  If you are planning to attend a high school football game at either of the Visalia stadiums, a parent must attend with you.  No middle or elementary-age students will be admitted without parent supervision.

*Students, come out to applaud or heckle your teachers and staff members today during the annual Staff versus Students volleyball game. Will the staff show signs of old age? Or will they intimidate their way to victory? Ask your teachers if they are playing! Admission is free and concessions will be available. See you in the gym after school this Wednesday.

*Cafeteria News
The lunch indoor vending cart is now closed.  ALL snack bar windows at lunch will be open for cash and account money.

Reminder:
Window # 1 and #2 are open before school for breakfast and window #1 is breakfast only at break.

*PULSE News

Cheer and Football clubs will be going to The Awards Banquet at the Boys & Girls Club. Please return your field trip form to the Student Window by Thursday.

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

Student Staff Game is at 4pm.  Come out and participate (teachers) or show your school PRIDE (students).

8th Grade Volleyball Awards at Howie and Sons from 6:30pm - 8:30pm.

8th Grade football awards are from 3:30pm - 4:00pm in Room 607.

7th Grade football awards are from 3:30pm - 4:00pm in Room 204.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302